23rd World Volunteer Conference in Australia this September
World Volunteer Conference in Australia – Don’t miss your opportunity to hear from international volunteering leaders!
The 23rd IAVE World Volunteer Conference will be hosted in our backyard on the Gold Coast from 17 – 20 September 2014. Hosted by Volunteering Australia, this conference is a must attend event for all those in the volunteering sector including:
- Leaders and staff in volunteer involving organisations
- Volunteer managers
- Government representatives both Parliamentarians and public/civil servants especially those engaged in policy making
- Corporations engaged in employee volunteering, corporate and social responsibility
- Academics researching in the area of volunteering
With delegates from around the globe and an exciting line-up of keynote speakers (including IAVE President and Co-Chair of the Korea Council of Volunteering, Dr Kang Hyuan Lee, Executive Co-ordinator United Nations Volunteers Mr Richard Dictus, The Hon Michael Kirby AC CMG, and Aboriginal Affairs specialist Jody Broun) the Conference will highlight both the importance and complexity of volunteering.
REGISTER NOW Early Bird registrations close 31 July. Be quick!
The jam packed program for the conference is now online. The conference includes a number of breakout sessions presented by speakers from around the world including Russia, Brazil, Israel, Canada and many more. Here is a sneak peak at a sample of the breakout sessions:
- Individual vs institution: Volunteering Boosting Human Capacity and Organisational Capability
- Emerging Global Trends
- Volunteering: The Approach of a New Generation
- Legislation on Volunteering: Help or Hindrance?
- Dynamic Volunteer Practices – Strong Communities
- Corporate Volunteering: Approaches to Employee Engagement
- Volunteer Management: Can we do it better?
- Inspiration, Aspiration and Volunteer Leaders who Motivate
- Volunteering and Trendsetting: What does the Future Hold?
There’s a diverse range of sessions on offer. Start planning what you want to see now.