World Volunteer Conference coming up in September
The 23rd IAVE World Volunteer Conference will be held in the Gold Coast from 17 – 20 September 2014. Global leaders will be gathering to network and share best practices, challenges and future trends in volunteering. This is a unique opportunity to engage, learn and share with delegates from across various sectors. Hosted by Volunteering Australia, this conference is a must attend event for all those in the volunteering sector. including:
- Leaders and staff in volunteer involving organisations
- Volunteer managers
- Government representatives both Parliamentarians and public/civil servants especially those engaged in policy making
- Corporations engaged in employee volunteering, corporate and social responsibility
- Academics researching in the area of volunteering
With delegates from around the globe and an exciting line-up of keynote speakers (including IAVE President and Co-Chair of the Korea Council of Volunteering, Dr Kang Hyuan Lee, Executive Co-ordinator United Nations Volunteers Mr Richard Dictus, The Hon Michael Kirby AC CMG, and Aboriginal Affairs specialist Jody Broun) the Conference will highlight both the importance and complexity of volunteering. REGISTER NOW
Early Bird registrations close 14 August. Be quick!
Conference Program The jam packed program for the conference is now online. The conference includes a number of breakout sessions presented by speakers from around the world including Russia, Brazil, Israel, Canada and many more.
Here are the key forums that will be held at the conference:
- Volunteering and Disasters: A Dialogue
- The Role of Government in Supporting Volunteering
- Volunteers and advocacy: Challenging the Status Quo
- Youth, Employment and Volunteering
- The world’s atwitter: Volunteering and social media
- Volunteering in a Post-2015 World
There’s a diverse range of sessions on offer. Start planning what you want to see now.