VA announces Board of Directors for 2015/2016
Volunteering Australia (VA) announced its new Board of Directors after its Annual General Meeting held at Allens Linklaters, Sydney on October 30, 2015.
The VA Board and Executive positions were confirmed as follows:
- Tim Jackson – VSA&NT [President]
- Ross Wiseman – VQ
- Valerie Hoogstad – VNSW
- Robyn Rose – VVIC [Secretary]
- Michelle Ewington – VTAS [Vice President]
- David Morrison – VWA
- Jane Hayden – VACT
- Peter Lucas – Independent [Treasurer]
- Amit Jois – Independent
Other key outcomes of the VA Annual General and Board Meetings included:
- Presentation and endorsement of the 2015 Annual Report – this will be posted on the VA website.
- Celebration of significant national projects – New Definition of Volunteering, New National Standards for Volunteer Involvement and hosting the successful IAVE 2014 World Volunteer Conference.
- VA’s acknowledgement and appreciation for the support and contribution of the State/Territory volunteering peak bodies in delivering on a wide range of projects of national significance for volunteering during the year.
- After reflecting on VA’s achievements in 2014-15 the VA Board and Foundation Members looked to the future with a strategic planning workshop.
Photo: The Volunteering Australia Board as confirmed at the Annual General Meeting held on 30 October 2015: (from back left) David Morrison, Michelle Ewington, Amit Jois, Valerie Hoogstad, Brett Williamson (VA CEO), Ross Wiseman, Jane Hayden, Robyn Rose, Tim Jackson, Peter Lucas and Andrew Coghlan (outgoing Director 2014/15).