Applications are now closed
Thanks to generous support from the Department of Social Services, regional and volunteer-led community groups will have access to the 2016 National Volunteering Conference (6 – 8 April, Canberra) through the Inclusive Scholarships Program.
- Scholarship applications open: Monday 31 August 2015
- Scholarship application close: Friday 18 September 2015
- Successful scholarship winners notified: by late October 2015
- Full scholarship – Includes conference registration, return travel from any major port, and accommodation to cover the conference period. This category is designed to service organisations and scholars with no alternative resources to attend
- Part scholarship (A) – Includes conference registration and accommodation to cover the conference period. This category may be suitable for organisations and individuals with the capacity to access budget travel options
- Part scholarship (B) – Includes return travel from any major port, and accommodation to cover the conference period. This category is designed to reduce costs for organisations and individuals with the capacity to fund registration but not associated costs
Who can apply?
The inclusive scholarships program supports the attendance and participation of delegates from low socio economic areas or organisations with financial hardship. The scholarships are designed to enable attendance for individuals who would not otherwise be able to attend:
- Coordinators and managers of volunteers (paid and unpaid capacity)
- Not for profit leaders and emerging leaders (paid and unpaid capacity)
- Community leaders and emerging leaders (paid and unpaid capacity)
- Voluntary and community organisations
- Remote communities
Applicants will be asked to submit that they are unable to attend the conference through other means, and describe how attendance at the conference will improve volunteering in their community or organisation.
How to apply?
Each State and Territory peak body for volunteering will be promoting the Inclusive Scholarships in their region. Applications will go directly to the State or territory Peak body for review.
For all the details on how to apply including state contacts and the application form visit the Conference website.