Position: Marketing & Communications Officer
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week
Contract period: Maternity Leave position, until 30th June 2018
Responsible to: Policy Manager
Overview of Organisation:
Volunteering Australia (VA) is the National peak body for volunteering working to advance volunteering in the Australian community. Our mission is to lead, strengthen, promote and celebrate volunteering in Australia.
We achieve our purpose and vision by focusing on the following strategic themes that underpin all our objectives and activities. We will:
- Maintain and strengthen VA’s leadership role in the sector by advocating effectively to support and advance volunteering in Australia;
- Build and maintain a credible evidence base for VA’s policies and platforms;
- Engage and communicate effectively to ensure volunteering, and VA itself, are recognised, respected and valued among stakeholders;
- Build and support the capacity and capability of VA, which harnesses the network’s collective capabilities, capacities and contributions of Foundation Members.
Overview of the Position:
The Marketing and Communications Officer will develop, coordinate and distribute all internal and external communications for Volunteering Australia including the development and delivery of appropriate multi-channel marketing/communications to enhance volunteering and VA’s reputation.
- Implement the Marketing and Communications plan for VA in line with VA’s strategic priorities.
- Create content and manage all of VA’s online assets including the website and social media platforms.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns to align and promote national initiatives including: International Volunteer Day, International Volunteer Managers Day and National Student Volunteer Week
- Manage the implementation of National Volunteer Week
- Manage all internal and external communications including the regular distribution of an e-newsletter.
- Participate in the National Communications Network, effectively communicating key messages of State and Territory peak bodies to key stakeholders.
- Create media releases and manage all contact with the media.
- Maintain VA’s databases.
- Engage and manage skilled volunteer(s) to support this position.
- Other relevant duties as required.
Selection Criteria Essential:
- Demonstrated high level wordsmithing skills and experience, including the ability to plan, write and edit a wide variety of items;
- Demonstrated experience in managing social media profiles;
- High level organisational and project management skills;
- Experience in media management;
- High level IT skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), CRM systems and Website Content Management.
Selection Criteria Desirable:
- Good design and layout skills with proficiency in producing artwork
Applications should include
- a brief covering letter,
- statements addressing the selection criteria,
- a copy of your resume, and
- the names and contact details of two work related referees
Email applications to Adrienne Picone, email@example.com no later than 5.00pm on Monday 29 January 2018.