Volunteering Australia is currently recruiting for a Policy Manager. The Policy Manager is responsible for developing intellectual capital to support Volunteering Australia’s thought leadership and peak body positioning, our strategic priorities and our members. This includes leading policy development, advocacy strategy and government and stakeholder relations to enable an environment where safe and effective volunteering can flourish.
This is a great opportunity to work for the national peak body for volunteering. Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa that allows permanent work in Australia in order to apply for this position.
- Civic, ACT
- Great opportunity to work with a national organisation
- Competitive remuneration package, including salary packaging options
- Family friendly workplace and flexible hours
- Position available part-time or full-time
- Provide high level policy advice and analysis to the CEO
- Develop policy positions to support our strategic priorities in collaboration with stakeholders
- Collaborate with the CEO to develop an Advocacy plan and a Government Relations plan
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant partners to facilitate strategic stakeholder engagement
- Prepare VA’s annual pre-budget submission to Treasury and post-budget analysis
- Consult with stakeholders to develop submissions, funding applications and fact sheets
- Develop and implement creative, effective campaigns to leverage, promote and support Volunteering Australia’s policy and advocacy work
- Engage and manage skilled volunteer(s) to support this position
- Other relevant duties as required.
Selection Criteria Essential:
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, strategic policy and advocacy work
- Demonstrated strategic stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong analytical, conceptual and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake research including data analysis
- High level organisational and project management skills
- High level IT skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Selection Criteria Desirable:
- Ability to write press releases, features and content for online/social media channels
- Prior government/stakeholder relations experience would be viewed favourably
How To Apply:
Applications should include:
- a brief cover letter;
- statements addressing all the selection criteria;
- a copy of your resume; and
- the names and contact details of two work related referees.
Download the Policy Manager Position Description.
Please email applications to Ms Adrienne Picone, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 9am on Monday 25 November 2019
For any confidential matters or for more information, please contact Ms Picone on (02) 6251 4060.
Please note this is a re-advertised position. Previous applicants need not apply.