Updated Information: Volunteering Australia has received a number of enquiries about the changes to participation requirements in relation to the Working Age Payments Reforms – Budget 2017-18.
Please read this Q&A factsheet provided by The Department of Jobs and Small Business.
- Where a job seeker is uncertain of how the changes might affect them, please visit www.jobs.gov.au/understanding-your-participation-requirements.
- Where a job seeker feels that their employment services provider is not applying the changes correctly, please contact the relevant department at the contact details below:
- jobactive and Community Development Programme job seekers can contact the Department of Jobs and Small Business’ National Customer Service Line on 1800 805 260 or at email@example.com.
- Disability Employment Services job seekers can contact the Department of Social Services’ Complaints Resolution and Referral Service on 1800 880 052 or via an online form at www.jobaccess.gov.au/contacts/online-complaint-form.
- If a job seeker believes that Centrelink staff have provided them with incorrect advice, or are applying the changes incorrectly, they can contact the Department of Human Services’ Complaints and Feedback Line on 1800 132 468, or via an online form at https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/contact-us/submit-complaint-or-provide-feedback-online.
For more information on the Working Age Payments Reforms – Budget 2017-18 visit the Department of Human Services website.