We know that as a manager of volunteers your time is scarce and resources even more so. To support you in your pursuit of excellence, we develop and source free tools and materials you can use on the job.
One of our longer term goals is to raise the profile of your work so that it is valued and offers genuine career prospects. This means providing you with information and resources so that you can develop professionally, and connecting you with your peers so that you can share your skills and knowledge. To help you achieve your goals, we have a number of resources, services and projects tailored to meet your needs.
For more information please contact your State/Territory peak body.
- National Standards for Volunteer Involvement (2015)
- Superseded - National Standards for Involving Volunteers in Not for Profit Organisations (2001)
- The New Definition of Volunteering (27 July 2015)
- Superseded - Definition and Principles of Volunteering (1996)
- The Principles of Volunteering: Why have them?
- Model Code of Practice
- Volunteer Rights and Checklist
- Volunteering – what’s it all about?
- Volunteering – What’s it all about? PowerPoint Slides
- A guide to Training Volunteers Part A
- A guide to Training Volunteers Part B
- Appendix to Part B, Notes on Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Tips for involving volunteers
- Recognising Volunteers
- Involving volunteers from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Screening and the volunteer recruitment process
- Background checks and volunteers
- 100 Point Identification check
- Corporate Shares Community Profits: a guide to engaging corporate volunteers
- Running the risk? A risk management tool for volunteer involving organisations
- Contribute to positive learning
- Volunteers and Tax Information
- Provide leadership in the workplace
- Working with volunteers and managing volunteer programs in health care settings
- Secure funding
- Practical Guide – Involving volunteers from CALD backgrounds 2007
- Training Manual – Recruiting Volunteers from CALD Backgrounds 2007