The State and Territory volunteering peak bodies, on behalf of the Australian Government, are pleased to offer 2020 Supplementary Volunteer Grants to volunteer involving organisations across Australia to support the efforts of volunteers in building stronger, more resilient communities.
Grants of $1000 – $5000 can be used by volunteer based organisations to support the efforts of their volunteers and encourage and increase participation in volunteering.
The grants can be used to buy small equipment for volunteers or for the reimbursement of volunteer fuel, transport or training costs, amongst other things.
The 2020 Supplementary Grants are designed to support volunteer involving organisations with a high proportion (over 40%) of volunteers to:
- Help support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers
- Help support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering
- Encourage, support, and increase participation in volunteering
- Post COVID-19 re-engagement activities for volunteers
- Adapting practices to support volunteers’ safety in relation to COVID-19
The intended outcome of the grants is to strengthen community functioning by increasing participation in volunteering.
Applications close: 20 September 11:59pm
To apply, click the relevant link to your State or Territory below: