Volunteering Australia is the national peak body for volunteering, working to advance volunteering in the Australian community.
A stronger, more connected and resilient Australian community through volunteering.
To lead, strengthen, promote and celebrate volunteering in Australia.
Volunteering Australia has identified the following values to underpin all its work:
- The privilege of leadership
Volunteering Australia is the recognised national peak body for volunteering in Australia, and plays an important leadership role among its members, the sector, and to the community more widely.
- Working together
Volunteering Australia works hard to build strong, productive and mutually-beneficial partnerships, and believe the best results arise from effective collaboration with governments, businesses, not-for-profit organisations and individuals.
- Reliable information
Volunteering Australia’s priorities, decisions, policies and activities are always based on sound evidence and credible research, and it actively seeks to support and encourage the research that’s needed to advance the sector.
- Being an organisation you can trust
Volunteering Australia understands and appreciate the importance of good governance, financial management and reporting to maintaining its reputation as a credible, trustworthy and sustainable organisation.
- National Leadership, Advocacy and Policy
- Informative and Useful Research
- Effective Communication and Stakeholder Engagement
- Collective Viability (Sustainability and Resilience)
Strategic Plan 2017-2020
- Volunteering Australia 2017-2020 Strategic Plan – Summary
- Volunteering Australia 2017-2020 Strategic Plan