The Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Program for Professional Leaders of Volunteers is a formal avenue to improve your knowledge, skills and future employability. Endorsed by Volunteering Australia the CPD Program is currently offered by the Centre for Volunteering (NSW), Volunteering Queensland, Volunteering Tasmania, Volunteering Victoria and Volunteering WA.
Why join CPD?
- Receive a formal certification awarding you the right to have Professional Leaders of Volunteers (PLV) after your name
- Be inspired to up-skill and gain more knowledge
- Promote your point of difference to current and future employers
- Be recognised for the learning you’re already doing, or planning to undertake
Accumulate CPD points through a combination of activities:
- Professional development, events and services offered by your Volunteering Peak Body
- Professional development at your organisation
- Reading relevant industry articles/newsletters
- Mentoring colleagues or members in volunteering management
- Reflective practice
What participants are saying?
‘I learnt so much. The CPD program helped me connect with like-minded professionals, focus on keeping abreast of what’s happening in volunteerism and gave me the confidence to realise the value of my own volunteer leadership skills. With that boosted confidence and a recognised qualification in mind, the program led me to look for a new challenging role. I no longer hesitate to state that I’m a highly skilled professional leader of volunteers.’
Jodi Batchelor, Volunteer Engagement Advisor
Austin Health, Victoria
‘The program was very structured and really helped me be mindful of what information I am consuming, how I communicate and how I could look for more opportunities to share knowledge across our volunteering community. The program validates what I’m doing and has helped build my confidence as a leader of volunteers.’
Laura Lynch, Volunteer Support & Development Lead
Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre, Victoria
How to find out more
Visit the appropriate State or Territory website for further information about how to join the CPD Program:
- The Centre for Volunteering (NSW) – Register for Oct 2020–Jun 2021.
- Volunteering Queensland – Submit an expression of interest for 2021.
- Volunteering Tasmania – Join the waiting list for 2021-22.
- Volunteering Victoria – Apply for 2021.
- Volunteering WA – Register for Oct 2020–Jun 2021.
Please note: Due to COVID, VolunteeringACT has delayed the launch of their CPD program. It is anticipated they will launch in 2021. Volunteering SA & NT has yet to launch this CPD program. See their individual websites linked above for other training events and activities.