We make submissions on government policy and other public policy matters that impact on or have relevance for volunteering.
These submissions are informed by an evidence-base of research and consultation.
View upcoming submissions and inquiries relevant to the volunteering sector for feedback. If you would like to feedback to Volunteering Australia please contact our Policy Manager at Volunteering Australia on email@example.com.
2020-21 Submissions, Position Papers and Policy Statements
- December 2020 – Pre-Budget Submission 2021-22
- December 2020 – Submission to the Consultation of the NDS and NDIS Outcomes Framework
- November 2020 – Submission to inform the new Employment Services Model
- October 2020 – Submission to the development of the National Disability Strategy
- September 2020 – Submission to the consultation on The National Preventive Health Strategy
- September 2020 – Supplementary Submission to the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety: The impact of COVID-19 on the volunteer workforce and aged care
- August 2020 – Supplementary Pre-Budget Submission 2020
- August 2020 – Volunteering Australia and Justice Connect – Joint policy statement: Addressing the pandemic insurance gap for volunteers
- July 2020 – Submission to the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety
- June 2020 – Submission to the Select Committee on COVID-19
- May 2020 – Submission to the Senate Inquiry: Lessons to be learned in relation to the Australian bushfire season 2019-20
- May 2020 – Submission to the Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements
- April 2020 – COVID-19 Position paper No.2: Safeguarding Volunteers and Volunteer Involving Organisations – Version 3
- April 2020 – COVID-19 Position paper No. 1: Volunteering and National Policy Settings – Version 2
- April 2020 – Considerations for the future of the Volunteer Management Activity: Submission to DSS consultation
- February 2020 – Position Statement Australian Government Compensation Scheme
- February 2020 – Position Statement 2019-20 Volunteer Grants
- January 2020 – Volunteering Australia & State and Territory Peak Volunteering Bodies Response to Australian Government Compensation Scheme