This website and a proportion of its content is copyright of Volunteering Australia – © Volunteering Australia 2018. All rights reserved.
Use of Content
Volunteering Australia (VA) encourages you to use and distribute information contained on the website for educational, research and community purposes with due acknowledgement of VA as the source.
You may not commercially exploit the content. You may not upload VA’s publications onto any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system without our express permission.
Information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. Information is provided by Volunteering Australia (VA) and while VA endeavours to keep the information up to date and correct, VA make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk.
In no event will VA be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this Website.
Through this website you can link to other websites which are not under the control of VA. VA have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, VA takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Volunteering Australia (VA) acknowledges its legal obligations regarding the handling of personal information and will ensure that all such information is held in a secure environment. Within this environment, Volunteering Australia staff will only have access to personal information on a need-to-know basis. Personal information will be held in the strictest confidence at all times, and redundant information will be destroyed.
VA may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, and you should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from December 2018.
Information VA Collects
VA collects the following information:
- Unidentified details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you sign up to our e-news subscription.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason, such as information received through the Volunteering Australia Shop.
Use of Your Information
The information that VA collects and stores relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide you with information, updates and news regarding our work or that of the sector. In addition, VA may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our work.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect your access and our work.
VA does not share personal information with other organisations or individuals outside of VA except in the following limited circumstances:
- VA has your consent. VA requires opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information
- VA has, in good faith, belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violation thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of VA, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Storing Your Personal Data
VA uses industry standard security measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control.
Data that is provided to us is stored on secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore VA cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where VA have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Access to Information
Should you wish to receive details that VA holds about you please contact us.