Whether you are a current volunteer or you are thinking of joining the over 6 million Australians who already volunteer their time, the resources on this website will provide you with useful and important information.
- I want to volunteer: how do I go about it
- Definition and Principles of Volunteering
- Volunteer Rights and Volunteer Checklist
- Be an Effective Volunteer – Templates
- Be an Effective Volunteer – RPL tool for registered training organisations
- Visas for Volunteers from Overseas - an information sheet for overseas visitors about volunteering in Australia and visa requirements.
- Volunteers and Tax Information - an information sheet for volunteers and volunteer involving organisations about volunteering and tax rulings made by the Australian Taxation Office.
- Checklist for Volunteers as Board Members - when joining the board of a not for profit organisation there are a number of things that you will need to consider. This information sheet lists a range of things to check before making your decision.
- Background check for Volunteers
- Screening and the Volunteer recruitment process
- 100 Point Identification check - checks such as these are regularly used to verify identities.
- Recognition of Prior Learning Toolkit - designed to support volunteers and managers of volunteers in learning about recognition of prior learning (RPL) and the process involved in attaining RPL for existing competency - knowledge and skill.
Further information and advice
For more information and advice contact your State/Territory peak body.