Position: Communications Coordinator
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week
Contract period: Ongoing
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Please note: This is a re-advertised position, previous applicants need not apply.
- Civic, ACT
- Great opportunity to work with a national organisation
- Competitive remuneration package, including salary packaging options
- Family friendly workplace and flexible hours
Volunteering Australia (VA) is the national peak body for volunteering working to advance volunteering in the Australian community. Our mission is to lead, strengthen, promote and celebrate volunteering in Australia.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Communications Coordinator who will be responsible for the creation and distribution of all internal and external communications for Volunteering Australia, including the development and delivery of appropriate multi-channel marketing and communications material to enhance volunteering and VA’s reputation.
The successful applicant must have a sound understanding of the current political climate and be able to clearly synthesise policy into easily digestible communications materials.
This is a great opportunity to work for the national peak body for volunteering. Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa that allows permanent work in Australia in order to apply for this position.
- Draft media releases and build relationships with media.
- Coordinate all internal and external communications including the regular distribution of an e-newsletter.
- Lead the National Marketing and Communications Network.
- Create content and manage all of VA’s online assets including the website and social media platforms.
- Coordinate the implementation of National Volunteer Week, including campaign development, resources and merchandise.
- Develop and implement campaigns to align and promote national initiatives including: International Volunteer Day, International Volunteer Managers Day and National Student Volunteer Week.
- Implement the Marketing and Communications plan for VA in line with VA’s strategic priorities.
- Actively promote and expand VA’s membership base.
- Maintain and grow VA’s stakeholder database.
- With assistance, undertake event management as necessary.
- Engage and coordinate skills-based volunteer(s) to support this position.
- Other relevant duties as required.
Selection Criteria Essential:
- Formal qualifications in a relevant discipline with at least 2-3 years’ working experience;
- Demonstrated high level wordsmithing skills, including the ability to plan, write and edit a wide variety of items;
- Demonstrated experience in social media management;
- High level organisational and project management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Experience in media management;
- High level IT skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), CRM systems and Website Content
Selection Criteria Desirable:
- Experience using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Good design and layout skills with proficiency in producing artwork;
- Prior experience using WordPress;
- Media experience and connections desirable but not essential;
- Success building brand awareness.
How To Apply:
Applications should include:
- a brief cover letter;
- statements addressing all the selection criteria;
- a copy of your resume; and
- the names and contact details of two work related referees.
Email applications to Adrienne Picone, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9.00am on Tuesday 12 March 2019.