Volunteering in Australia is changing but facing major challenges, including the devastating impact of COVID-19. Official data is crucial to providing valuable information to guide us as we reinvigorate volunteering and ensure volunteering is sustainable into the future.
The factsheet Key Statistics about Volunteering in Australia: The General Social Survey 2020 and the Household Impacts of COVID-19 Survey presents official data on volunteering in 2020, collected by the Australian Bureau of Statistics including:
- Rates of volunteering
- The demographic of volunteers
- Characteristics of volunteering
- The decline of formal volunteering
- Changes in volunteering activity during COVID-19
- Reasons for not volunteering during COVID-19